By Kartik G. Krishnan
This guide is an introductory consultant to harvesting crucial workhorse
flaps of the torso and higher and decrease extremities. Chapters are grouped into
separate sections in response to the anatomic zone of the flaps. each one bankruptcy
details the serious scientific info the health professional must recognize to
effectively harvest flaps, offering concise descriptions of the training,
incision, and dissection suggestions. specified illustrations supplementing the
descriptions let surgeons to completely comprehend the technical maneuvers of every
- Step-by-step descriptions of flap harvesting
- Thorough dialogue of the correct vascular or
neurovascular anatomy for every dissection
- More than two hundred illustrations and schematics
demonstrating key suggestions
- Consistent presentation in every one bankruptcy to facilitate
reference and evaluation
- Practical dialogue of universal pitfalls to arrange
the general practitioner for dealing with the entire diversity of situations within the medical environment
- Overview of basic suggestions, together with
microvascular anatomy and styles of vasculature of soppy tissue flaps,
instrumentation, and microvascular and microneural suturing techniques
a reliable starting place upon which to extra strengthen surgical abilities, this ebook is an integral source for citizens in plastic and reconstructive surgical procedure, trauma surgical procedure, orthopedics, and neurosurgery.
Read or Download An Illustrated Handbook of Flap-Raising Techniques PDF
Best neurosurgery books
This ebook studies intimately the function of neuroradiological imaging within the evaluate of sufferers who've passed through surgical procedure or interventional radiology techniques, and especially its price within the documentation of ordinary and pathological post-treatment alterations, detection of issues, and follow-up.
This compact e-book offers step by step information within the methods and strategies constructed and presently used on the authors’ middle in Düsseldorf for the remedy of numerous aneurysms. the entire defined methods are minimally invasive and of confirmed efficacy. on the way to support the reader in absolutely comprehending all features of the thoughts, they're illustrated via transparent photos rather than complicated images and radiologic imaging.
Certification from the yankee Board of Neurological Surgeons (ABNS) is the highest quality for certification of neurosurgeons working towards within the U. S. this article is the main up to date board assessment consultant for neurosurgeons. It positive aspects genuine circumstances, over three hundred high quality illustrations and photographs, medical overviews, and a Q and A that mimics the ABNS examination structure.
- Stereotactic Atlas of the Human Thalamus and Basal Ganglia
- Interventional Neuroradiology
- The Essential Neurosurgery Companion
- Principles and Practice of Pediatric Neurosurgery
Additional info for An Illustrated Handbook of Flap-Raising Techniques
7. Brodsky AE, Kovalsky ES, Khalil MA. Correlation of radiologic assessment of lumbar spine fusions with surgical exploration. Spine 1991; 16:S261-5. 8. Cizek GR, Boyd LM. Imaging pitfalls of interbody spinal implants. Spine 2000; 20:2633-6. 9. Herzog RJ, Marcotte PJ. Assessment of spinal fusion: critical evaluation of imaging techniques. Spine 1996; 21:1114-8. 10. Pearcy M, Burrough S. Assessment of bony union after interbody fusion of the lumbar spine using biplanar radiographic technique. J Bone Joint Surg [Br] 1982; 64:228-32.
Hult E, Ekstrom L, Kaigle A, Holm S, Hansson T. 1995. In vivo measurement of spinal column viscoelasticity— an animal model. Proc Inst Mech Eng [H] 209: 105-10; discussion 35. 6. Kaigle A, Ekstrom L, Holm S, Rostedt M, Hansson T. 1998. In vivo dynamic stiffness of the porcine lumbar spine exposed to cyclic loading: influence of load and degeneration. J Spinal Disord 11: 65-70. 7. Kaigle AM, Holm SH, Hansson TH. 1995. Experimental instability in the lumbar spine. Spine 20: 421-30. 8. Kaigle AM, Holm SH, Hansson TH.
In comparison to the acute injury model, the lumbar paraspinal musculature overall was less potent in providing stability during flexion-extension in the chronic lesion groups. Possible reasons for that could be altered mechanisms in the neuromuscular feedback system or a fatiguing of the stabilizing muscles in the chronic injury groups. SUMMARY Injuries to the spine can affect different structures and in that way influence the biomechanical properties and kinematics of the intervertebral joint in different ways.