By Daniele Piomelli
This e-book is set the arachidonic acid cascade, its biochemistry, its pharmacology, and its roles in sign transduction. Arachidonic acid could function an intracellular moment messenger in lots of cellphone forms, in addition to precursor for biologically energetic molecules reminiscent of the eicosanoids (a family members of oxygenated metabolites that could act as moment messengers or as neighborhood mediators), and anandamide (an endogenous cannabinoid substance). Dysfunctions within the arachidonic acid cascade underlie a few severe pathological stipulations, making those biochemical pathways the objective for medicinal drugs of medical value.
Read or Download Arachidonic Acid in Cell Signaling PDF
Best molecular biology books
This quantity offers the 1st accomplished therapy of the wide variety of makes use of for Xenopus laevis oocytes and embryos in mobile and molecular biology. each one bankruptcy comprises heritage info, experimental protocols, and urged purposes. an in depth array of concepts is featured. The authors are skilled researchers who've written chapters that would be worthwhile to either skilled researchers and to these new to Xenopus as an experimental procedure.
The significant Dogma -- DNA and RNA -- Chromosomes -- Proteins -- The imperative Dogma -- Transcription and Translation in Perl -- RNA Secondary constitution -- Messenger and Catalytic RNA -- degrees of RNA constitution -- Constraints on Secondary constitution -- RNA Secondary buildings in Perl -- Counting Hydrogen Bonds -- Folding RNA -- evaluating DNA Sequences -- DNA Sequencing and series meeting -- Alignments and Similarity -- Alignment and Similarity in Perl -- Predicting Species: Statistical versions -- Perl Subroutine Libraries -- Species Prediction in Perl -- Substitution Matrices for Amino Acids -- extra on Homology -- Deriving Substitution Matrices from Alignments -- Substitution Matrices in Perl -- The PAM Matrices -- PAM Matrices in Perl -- series Databases -- FASTA layout -- GenBank layout -- GenBank's characteristic destinations -- analyzing series records in Perl -- Object-Oriented Programming in Perl -- The SimpleReader type -- Hiding dossier codecs with procedure Inheritance -- neighborhood Alignment and the BLAST Heuristic -- The Smith-Waterman set of rules -- The BLAST Heuristic -- Preprocessing the question String -- Scanning the objective String -- enforcing BLAST in Perl -- information of BLAST Database Searches -- BLAST rankings for Random DNA -- BLAST ratings for Random Residues -- BLAST statistics in Perl -- studying BLAST Output -- a number of series Alignment I -- Extending the Needleman-Wunsch set of rules -- NP-Completeness -- Alignment Merging: A construction Block for Heuristics -- Merging Alignments in Perl -- discovering an outstanding Merge Order
Sorting and Recycling Endosomes presents the newest details on endosomes, the receiving compartment for endocytosed cargos, and the donor compartment and sorting station for cargos precise to lysosomes, Golgi, or plasma membrane. lately, the significance of endosomes as a sorting and recycling compartment has develop into more and more preferred.
Biochemistry of Collagens, Laminins, and Elastin: constitution, functionality, and Biomarkers offers a accomplished advent to collagen and structural proteins. sort I collagen is likely one of the so much plentiful molecules within the physique, enjoying crucial roles in several tissues, really bone and dermis.
- Ion Channel Diseases
- Biophysical approaches determining ligand binding to biomolecular targets : detection, measurement and modelling
- Perspectives in Supramolecular Chemistry: Supramolecular Control of Structure and Reactivity, Volume 3
- Molecular Biology of Cancer: Translation to the Clinic
- Fungi From Different Substrates
- Ion Channels
Additional resources for Arachidonic Acid in Cell Signaling
66. Barbour SE, Dennis EA. Antisense inhibition of group II phospholipase A2 expression blocks the production of prostaglandin E2 by P388D] cells. J BioI Chern 1993; 268:21875-21882. 67. Bennet CF, Chiang MY, Wilson-Lingardo L, Wyatt JR. Sequence specific inhibition of human type II phospholipase A2 enzyme activity by phosphorothioate oligonucleotides. Nucleic Acid Research 1994; 22:3202-3209. 68. Elmore MA, Carrier MJ, Daniels RH, Hill ME, Finnen MJ. Antisense to secretory type II phospholipase A2 inhibits fMLP-induced arachidonic acid release in differentiated HL60's.
61. Thomson FJ, Clark MA. Purification of a phosphatidic acid hydrolyzing phospholipase A2 from rat brain. Biochem J 1995; 306:305-309. 62. Moolenar WH. Lysophosphatidic acid signalling. Current Opinion Cell BioI 1995; 7:203-210. 63. Miyake A, Yamamoto H, Kubota E, Hamaguchi K, Kouda A, Honda K, Kawashima H. Suppression of inflammatory responses to 12-0-tetradecanoyl-phorbol-13-acetate and carrageenin by YM-26734, a selective inhibitor of extracellular group II phospholipase A2. Br J Pharmacol 1993; 110:447-453.
Hunter T. Protein kinases and phosphatases: the Yin and Yang of protein phosphorylation and signaling. Cell 1995; 80:225-236. 29. Gronchi V. Ricerche sulla lecitinasi 'A' del pancreas; estrazione dell' enzima e sua azione in vitro. Sperimentale 1932; 90:223-230. 30. Hanasaki K, Arita H. Characterization of a high-affinity binding site for pancreatic-type phospholipase Az in the rat. Its cellular and tissue distribution. J BioI Chern 1992; 267:6414-6420. 31. Arita H, Hanasaki K, Nakano T, aka S, Teraoka H, Matsumoto K.