By Joseph Hunstad MD FACS, Remus Repta MD
Effectively practice one in all trendy most often asked cosmetic surgery methods. Written through a number one authority at the topic, this seriously illustrated operative advisor examines all the facets and diversifications of abdominoplasty. approximately 500 full-color illustrations and images exhibit you in transparent, medical element the pre-, intra-, and postoperative steps for every technique, and video clips on DVD current those recommendations in motion. finished insurance of an entire diversity of subject matters regarding this surgery-from sufferer choice and incision placement...to ancillary techniques, contraindications, and complications-make you conscious of key concerns and aid you properly practice extra of the most recent procedures.
- Covers a whole diversity of issues linked to abdominoplasty-from sufferer choice and incision placement...to ancillary strategies, contraindications, and complications-highlighting key issues and permitting you to securely practice extra procedures.
- Examines the perform of liposuction in abdominoplasty tactics to teach you ways to mix either for the easiest effects from each one surgery.
- Offers assurance of endoscopic surgical procedure strategies to equip you with the most recent tactics.
- Uses approximately 500 full-color illustrations and pictures that depict in transparent, scientific aspect the pre-, intra-, and postoperative steps for every strategy for fabulous visible information.
- Addresses particular sufferer populations comparable to the large weight-loss sufferer and the overweight, emphasizing the distinctive operative issues affecting those groups.
- Follows a constant layout all through that makes reference quickly and simple.
- Includes an advantage DVD containing video clips of key methods in motion that help you continue.
Read Online or Download Atlas of Abdominoplasty, 1e PDF
Similar surgery books
Kein operatives Fachgebiet ist zur Zeit aktueller als die plastisch-? sthetische Chirurgie. Der Autor gibt erstmals aus seinem 20-j? hrigen Erfahrungsschatz pers? nliche Tipps und methods weiter. S? mtliche wichtigen "Sch? nheitsoperationen" stellt er kurz, kompetent und ? bersichtlich dar und gibt so allen interessierten ?
Cerebral stroke is a standard and frequent phenomenon affecting loads of the human inhabitants around the world. quite a few surgical tools were constructed for its therapy and the healing effects have progressively greater. this can be a reassuring pattern that provides additional development could be made sooner or later.
This e-book represents the 1st accomplished textbook dedicated to the traditional of care, present instructions and options within the box of mesenteric vascular illness. The e-book stories imaging modalities, diagnostic paintings up, physiologic exams, conventional open surgical suggestions and novel endovascular ways.
Since the creation of laser units to the clinical sciences this know-how has created nice curiosity. particularly, the laser’s distinct actual homes and designated bio-tissue interactions render this flexible resource of biologic strength an enticing software for a number of healing reasons in cardiovascular drugs.
- Otolaryngology: A Color Handbook
- Atlas of Oral and Maxillofacial Histopathology
- Perforator Flaps for Breast Reconstruction
- Pediatric Surgery Digest
Extra info for Atlas of Abdominoplasty, 1e
A national survey of complications associated with suction lipectomy: what we did then and what we do now. Plast Reconstruct Surg 2000; 105: 1881–1884. Teimourian B. Complications associated with suction lipectomy. Clin Plast Surg 1989; 16: 385. Trott SA, Beran SJ, Rohrich RJ, et al. Safety considerations and ﬂuid resuscitation in liposuction: An analysis of 53 consecutive patients. Plast Reconstruct Surg 1998; 102: 2220–2229. 4 CHAPTER 4 Endoscopic Abdominoplasty Joseph P. Hunstad and Remus Repta IN THIS CHAPTER ● ● ● ● KEY POINTS Endoscopic abdominoplasty has very speciﬁc indications.
Hematoma unless properly controlled (see Chapter 2, Anatomical Considerations in Abdominal Contouring). Dissection continues with electrocautery under direct vision to the level of the umbilicus. All perforators must be carefully controlled during this dissection (Fig. 11). Once the umbilicus is reached, it is either divided at its base, left intact, or – rarely – circumscribed as in a full abdomino plasty. Dissection continues to the xiphoid and costal mar gins to complete the undermining (Fig.
The Lockwood dissector thoroughly mobilizes this undermining edge, allowing the tissue to release and become smoother, ﬂattened, and mobilized. The intervening septa that are created are clearly seen, within which are the important vascular structures that are maintained to ensure ﬂap viability and sensitivity. A B C Fig. 18 A–C The umbilical stalk is re-secured to the abdominal wall fascia. ’ Two 2/0 Vicryl sutures are used. The transverse mark made to identify the normal location of the umbilical stalk will facilitate placement.