By Gordon Banks
For ten years Gordon Banks used to be greatly said to be the simplest goalkeeper on the planet, and, probably, the simplest there is ever been. in addition to gamers like Bobby Moore, Banks was once first on Sir Alf Ramsey's teamsheet - England's number 1 in either 1966 and 1970. yet in his top, months after being named 1972 Footballer of the yr, it was once all reduce brief while Banks misplaced a watch in a automobile crash. He defied scientific opinion through combating his long ago onto the soccer box finishing his occupation fidgeting with different legends like Pele, George most sensible and Franz Beckenbauer within the fledgeling North American League. This ebook is the tale of a real English hero and an account of England's most interesting footballing years.
Read Online or Download Banksy: My Autobiography PDF
Similar sports & outdoors books
There's a paucity of educational paintings within the region of elite activity improvement regardless of there being considerable facts that attaining overseas wearing luck is of accelerating value to the general public (exemplified by means of constant media curiosity in elite good fortune or the inability of it) and to governments in so much built nations who've, virtually with no exception, elevated the extent of public investment for elite squad improvement frequently to the detriment of alternative activities coverage goals corresponding to expanding normal degrees of participation.
That includes lectures by way of Steve Alford, Debbie Holley, Bob Huggins, Dave Odom, Jerry Tarkanian and so on.
" Swimming is a activity specially well-suited for older adults. yet so much books cater to more youthful, aggressive highschool and faculty swimmers and their coaches. Swimming prior 50 bargains age-appropriate health and pageant education courses in addition to many useful insights for swimmers who've lapped the 50-year mark.
Again in complete strength with 7 all-new titles, DK Readers permit starting readers to development from easy-to-follow tales with easy sentences and be aware repetition to extra refined storylines, sentence constitution, and vocabulary.
- Antarctica : a lonely planet travel survival
- Table Tennis: Steps to Success
- 101 Basketball Rebound. V.III
- Aaron Rodgers
- Breakthrough swimming
Additional resources for Banksy: My Autobiography
16. The flying Englishman. 17. The end of the semi-final against Liverpool. 18. Pepe’s ‘banana’ free kick. 19. Charles Buchan’s Football Monthly 20. Taking a high cross in the 1966 World Cup final. 21. The 1966 World Cup final: Wolfgang Weber’s equalizer. 22. A golden memory of a truly golden day. 23. ’ 24. The boys of ’66. 25. England – World Champions. 26. Working hard to improve my technique. 27. Training with England. 28. Alf Ramsey. 29. Leicester City’s four home internationals. 30. Welcoming a young Peter Shilton to Filbert Street.
The 1970 World Cup save from Pelé’s header. 33. The ball balloons over the bar to safety. 34. Organizing your defence. 35. In action for England against Scotland in 1971. 36. George Best about to pounce. 37. Pre-season training around the lanes of Cheshire. 38. My favourite photograph: saving Geoff Hurst’s penalty. 39. Stoke City’s victory over West Ham in the semi-final of the League Cup in 1972. 40. The League Cup Final of 1972. 41. George Eastham, the oldest recipient of a League Cup winner’s medal.
13. During the big freeze of 1962–63. 14. The 1963 FA Cup semi-final against Liverpool. 15. My first game for England. 16. The flying Englishman. 17. The end of the semi-final against Liverpool. 18. Pepe’s ‘banana’ free kick. 19. Charles Buchan’s Football Monthly 20. Taking a high cross in the 1966 World Cup final. 21. The 1966 World Cup final: Wolfgang Weber’s equalizer. 22. A golden memory of a truly golden day. 23. ’ 24. The boys of ’66. 25. England – World Champions. 26. Working hard to improve my technique.