By T. W. Sadler
the hot variation is stronger through over a hundred new and up to date illustrations, extra medical photos and pictures of early embryologic improvement, and an improved bankruptcy at the cardiovascular method. moreover, on-line educating and studying assets comprise the absolutely searchable textual content on-line, in addition to an interactive Quiz financial institution for college kids and a picture bank.
- Clinical Correlates containers illustrated via instances and photographs conceal beginning defects, developmental abnormalities, and different scientific phenomena.
- More than four hundred illustrations—including full-color line drawings, scanning electron micrographs, and scientific images—clarify key elements of embryonic development.
- Basic genetic molecular biology ideas are highlighted in the course of the textual content to hyperlink embryology to different serious specialties.
- Chapter review figures offer a visually compelling advent to every chapter.
- Problems to unravel (with specific solutions in the back of the ebook) assist you examine your understanding.
- An elevated word list defines key words and concepts.
- An on-line interactive USMLE-style query financial institution is helping you evaluate for tests and get ready for the Boards.
Read or Download Langman's Medical Embryology PDF
Similar anatomy books
This booklet is a needs to for somebody attracted to studying concerning the mind. it truly is filled with references to the literature of unique investigators and never merely explains the functionality of the limbic mind, yet, in essence, information the historical past of principles in regards to the limbic mind, from Broca's anatomic description to Papez's Circuit.
As much as approximately twenty-five years in the past, nearly the whole box of microscopy will be overseen or even practized by means of any lively examine employee. The speedy evolution which microscopy in its broadest experience has because passed through and which has contributed tremendously to our perception in lots of fields of organic technological know-how and medication has, although, bring about a innovative specialisation.
- Lachman's Case Studies in Anatomy
- Clinical Anatomy and Physiology of Exotic Species: Structure and function of mammals, birds, reptiles and amphibians, 1e
- Get Ready for A& P for Nursing and Healthcare
- Stalking the Wild Sweetgrass: Domestication and Horticulture of the Grass Used in African-American Coiled Basketry
- Netter’s Concise Orthopaedic Anatomy
- Vascular Protection: Molecular Mechanisms, Novel Therapeutic Principles and Clinical Applications (Endothelial Cell Research)
Additional info for Langman's Medical Embryology
Almost all oogonia are transform ed into primary oocytes in prophase of the first m eiotic división. C. There are no oogonia. Each prim ary oocyte is surrounded by a single layer of follicular cells, form ing the prim ordial follicle. Oocytes have entered the diplotene stage of prophase, in which they remain until ju s t before ovulation. Oniy then do they enter metaphase of the first m eiotic división. 18 A. Primordial follicle consisting of a primary oocyte surrounded by a layer of flattened epithelial cells.
During childhood, most oocytes become atretic; only approximately 40,000 are present by the beginning o f puberty, and fewer than 500 will be ovulated. Some oocytes that reach maturity late in life have been dormant in the diplotene stage o f the first meiotic división for 40 years or more before ovulation. W hether the diplotene stage is the most suitable phase to protect the oocyte against environmental influences is unknown. The fact that the risk o f having children with chromosomal abnormalities increases with maternal age indicates that primary oocytes are vulnerable to damage as they age.
2 Oropharyngeal teratom a. These tum ors may arise from PGCs or from epiblast cells (see Chapter 5], both of which are pluripotent. Tissues within the tum ors include derivatives of all three germ layers and may include gut, bone, skin, teeth, and so forth. Chapter 2 • Gametogenesis; Conversión o f Germ Cells into Male and Female Gametes ■ THECHROMOSOMETHEORYOF INHERITANCE____________________ Traits of a new individual are determined by specific genes on chromosomes inherited from the father and the mother.