By Gragnaniello, Cristian; Nader, Remi; Shaya, Mark
Essential prep for upkeep of certification tests in addition to neurosurgery boards
Comprehensive, yet sufficiently small to tackle rounds, the up to date moment variation of this well known neurosurgical board overview presents a strong examine significant other for the yank Board of Neurological surgical procedure (ABNS) fundamental exam. The textual content contains a magnificent variety of questions with concise and well-delineated factors. compatible for thorough board education, the query and resolution structure permits busy neurosurgical citizens to successfully perform, assessment, and enhance upon their comprehension.
In addition to the entire basic disciplines which are appropriate to the perform of neurosurgery, this version encompasses the newest advances within the box together with endovascular ways, minimally invasive spinal surgical procedure suggestions, and genetics. the varied and not easy questions motivate the purchase of real wisdom and alertness of good judgment. this can be the definitive ABNS learn e-book since it so much heavily mimics the written board exam format.
- Multiple selection Q&A layout presents powerful learn tool
- Questions prepared randomly, thereby simulating the written examination
- Short causes supply readers with a transparent realizing of the right kind answers
This is a must have primer that would support neurosurgeons and neurosurgical citizens learn and cross the rigorous written board examination. Board-certified neurosurgeons also will locate it a convenient and resource to organize for MOC examinations or to sweep up on medical know-how.
Read or Download Neurosurgery practice questions and answers PDF
Best neurosurgery books
This booklet stories intimately the position of neuroradiological imaging within the overview of sufferers who've passed through surgical procedure or interventional radiology techniques, and especially its worth within the documentation of ordinary and pathological post-treatment adjustments, detection of problems, and follow-up.
This compact booklet offers step by step tips within the techniques and methods constructed and presently used on the authors’ middle in Düsseldorf for the therapy of various aneurysms. the entire defined systems are minimally invasive and of confirmed efficacy. with a purpose to help the reader in absolutely comprehending all points of the strategies, they're illustrated via transparent photos rather than advanced pictures and radiologic imaging.
Certification from the yankee Board of Neurological Surgeons (ABNS) is the optimal for certification of neurosurgeons working towards within the U. S. this article is the main updated board assessment advisor for neurosurgeons. It good points genuine instances, over three hundred top quality illustrations and photographs, medical overviews, and a Q and A that mimics the ABNS examination layout.
- Operative Techniques in Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Problem Based Neurosurgery
- Duvernoy’s Atlas of the Human Brain Stem and Cerebellum: High-Field MRI: Surface Anatomy, Internal Structure, Vascularization and 3D Sectional Anatomy
- Decision Making for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Neurology, ophthalmology and psychiatry
- Neurological Disorders in Famous Artists (Frontiers of Neurology and Neuroscience), Part 3
Extra resources for Neurosurgery practice questions and answers
A. Primary glioblastoma has an incidence that is about 10 times higher than secondary glioblastoma. B. The mean age at presentation in primary glioblastoma is much younger (45 years) than in secondary glioblastoma (62 years). C. Primary glioblastoma is more common in males when compared with secondary glioblastoma. D. The median survival at presentation is longer in secondary glioblastoma as compared with primary glioblastoma. E. Loss of heterozygosity on 10p or 10q is one of the most common genetic mutations in primary glioblastoma.
193. All of the following inflammatory factors are expressed at high levels in degenerative disk disease EXCEPT: A. Interleukin (IL)-1β B. IL-3 C. IL-6 D. IL-8 E. Tumor necrosis factor-α 194. In phenylketonuria, the deficiency of phenylalanine hydroxylase results in decreased levels of A. dopamine. B. norepinephrine. C. serotonin. D. None of the above E. All of the above Questions 43 195. Classic phenylketonuria is characterized by all EXCEPT: A. Low levels of prolactin B. Increased gray matter volume in the ventral part of the striatum C.
B. They receive group II secondary aﬀerent fibers. C. They are associated with flower spray endings. D. They are associated with static gamma eﬀerent fibers. E. They respond to muscle tension. 203. Patients who continue to display mental status changes after correction of diabetic ketoacidosis should be investigated for A. cysticercosis. B. histoplasmosis. C. Lyme disease. D. mucormycosis. E. hydatid disease. 204. Which of the following is FALSE with regard to shunt nephritis? A. It is a well-described complication of VP shunts.